Monday, August 8, 2011

Nourishing our Marriages

Nourishment:Instruction, or that which promotes growth in attainments; as nourishment and growth in grace. ( 1828 Websters Dictionary)

I apologize for the tardiness of this blog, however i find that it may prove to me and others why God has put this subject on my heart to pray for in the lives of married couples in Midland. I asked Him what to pray for and this is the word that comes to mind, maybe because Andrew and I are planning an "escape" for our 5th anniversary this sept and I have felt guilty or maybe because I hear a resounding "sigh" from many married woman I speak to that feel dry in their marriages.
My prayer is that we would learn to make our covenant marriages a focus, other than our Heavenly Father this is the most productive and significant relationship on earth. I was told once, that marriage is before children, until we had our three sweet ones I had no Idea how true that statement is! I pray that God would show us new and exciting ways to enjoy one another, to breath life into one another, to truly promote growth in one another.
As women we have that privilege, God put it in us to nourish those around us, He created us to be caretakers. We have taken that as a means to focus on our children only and as I am guilty, even when my husband and I are alone that is what I speak of instead of nourishing him however he needs me to.
Father, this week, please please show us how to feed into one another! Show us a new way to fall in love again with our spouses. Please God give us a new take on this marriage thing and show us how to "date" and how to engage passionately with one another as an act of worship to YOU!! In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment