Monday, August 15, 2011

I Will Set No Vile Thing Before My Eyes



Once again, we were traveling over the weekend. This time it was to help sponsor a group of teenagers from our little church on a trip to Six Flags. It was quite appropriate, then, that as they were sleeping in my suburban on the way back that I would get to spend an hour praying over the Children of the Body. 


This prayer time covered many areas, but specifically that they would not allow anything in their minds that would "pollute." I asked Him to help them focus on whatever things are true, right, pure, lovely, admirable, praiseworthy, noble, and excellent. Also included was prayer for the parents or those in authority over the Children of the Body to be very aware of their role as a protective head and covering over them and for them to understand that the things they allow in their lives that are not of Him can make a "hole in their umbrella of protection" over their children. 





No comments:

Post a Comment