Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Married Couples in the Body

Faithfulness, faithfulness is what I long for
Faithfulness is what I need.
Faithfulness faithfulness is what you want from me.

This song sums up the prayer of my heart today for the married couples in Midlands part of the Body. I know that God has asked a lot of us to marry and give up ourselves (if we are doing it biblically) and to be faithful for a lifetime but that is my prayer today.

God, please cause us to be faithful, to YOU, to our spouses and our families. Lord please cultivate in us the ability to let go of things around us and faithfully serve our spouses and our children and first and foremost our Almighty God. Abba, I want to serve you wholeheartedly and I am flakey at best and indecisive and caught up in life as most of us are, please Father, help us to put it ALL away and focus on you so we can learn to be the spouse you have chosen for us to be. So that we can accomplish all that you have asked us too for You and for eachother. Thank you Jesus, Thank you for making a way for us to get through to our Father, for we would be lost without your sacrifice. i love you Father God, and I see that you are moving in a very unifying and wonderful way in the marriages that have been on rocky paths for a while! Thank you God, for loving us enough to pull us out of the mire that we have gotten our own faithless selves into. In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment